Friday, April 16, 2010

Achucarro In, Torres Out... Maybe

Yesterday I posted a lineup that had been reported as the anticipated Newell's line up for Sunday's Clasico Rosarino against Rosario Central. Later that evening the same source put out a new report, stating that Jorge Achucarro had recovered from his injury and will in fact play, but that there is still some question as to team captain Lucas Bernardi's availability. The new line up they are providing looks like this:

Sebastián Peratta
Agustín Alayes, Rolando Schiavi, Juan Insaurralde
Mauricio Sperduti, Diego Mateo, Lucas Bernardi or Franco Dolci, Leonel Vangioni
Mauro Formica
Cristian Nuñez, Jorge Achucarro

I feel sorry for Diego Torres, if this report is accurate, he played very well in his start against Chacarita Jrs, well enough to earn another start, in my opinion, but Achucarro hasn't done anything to earn a spell on the bench so... I only wish we had that kind of depth in midfield. If Bernardi can't play, any of the players who could replace him really can't be blamed for not being as good as he is, but it would nice if we had someone close to being able to do so.

The fact that my source has Dolci listed as the alternative has me scratching my head. Why not Hugo Barrientos, or Raúl Villalba? Who knows, it's not like the list is set in stone. Come kick off there could be several changes.

And if anyone can tell me what has become of Christian Sánchez Prette, don't sit there holding up your hand, give me a shout!

I leave you with some of the sights and sounds of last night's Banderazo:

No comments: