Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Draw In Quilmes Puts Newell's Past Estudiantes

Dr. José Luis Meiszner, in Quilmes played host to tonight's match between Estudiantes de la Plata and Newell's Old Boys. I watched the game, but not as attentively as I perhaps should have, but chores needed taking care of, and when the 8:15 PM kick off time turned into a 45 minute pregame show... It's late, and I must get up in the morning, so I'm going to simple post a few shots I managed to catch, along with a few captions, and get to bed.

1000 police, if I caught the number right, worked security. This apparently is how they prepare themselves before a match. As far as I could tell they weren't needed. I have to wonder though, just what these two are discussing. Who knows, maybe they're making a friendly wager on the outcome of the game.

Planning on watching from the bench? Nacho Fideleff spends some time before the game talking on his cell phone.

Federico Fernandez gave Estudiantes the lead, or tied up the aggregate score line, in the 11th minute. Iván Borghello scored in the 42nd to tie the game, and give Newell's the 2-1 advantage. With two goals in his last two games, Borghello is starting to make me a believer.

Peratta. Where would Newell's be with out him?

El capitán Rolando Schiavi. Last year Newell's allowed Estudiantes to loan El Flaco when they were short on defenders for their final run towards winning the Copa Libertadores. Could he lead Newell's to the Copa Sudamericana title?

No comments: