Friday, June 12, 2009

Storming The Fort

Well, we're back to the Clausura this weekend, and tomorrow Newell's will be away to second place Vélez Sarsfield. For the moment, there's only one question as to who will play for La Lepra, and that is on the right side of midfield, where Pillud is Sensini's prefered man. An minor injury to his right leg has put a question mark next to his name, so we may see Sperduti instead.

Personally, while I have no ill will towards Pillud, I'd rather see Maurico get the nod, but we'll have to wait and see what happens. Here's Newell's expected line-up:

Sebastián Peratta; Nicolás Spolli, Rolando Schiavi, Juan Insaurralde; Ivan Pillud o Mauricio Sperduti, Lucas Bernardi, Hernán Bernardello, Leonel Vangioni; Mauro Formica; Alejandro Da Silva and Leandro Armani.

I'm really hoping Newell's hand Vélez a surprise, and put up a road block onto their title hope. I'm also hoping for Arsenal to take out the leaders Lanús, as I'm not hot about them winning the Campeonato, either.

That leave me routing for third place Huracán, which I normally wouldn't be doing when they're facing San Lorenzo. This is, of course, one of the things that makes following any sport so interesting... teams you might normally like to see win end up where you want them to lose all because of how the season is taking shape.

And, least I forget, here's the goals from the USA/Honduras game:

No comments: