Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Changes, Changes, And More Changes

First off, I must correct myself. Newell's Old Boys next match is not being played tomorrow, Wednesday, December 8th, but on Thursday, the 9th, and the starting time is 5 PM local time, which means I have absolutely no chance of seeing a single minute...

That said, a home match against Olimpo de Bahía Blanca may just be what Newell's need to get out of the current poor form they have been in. Sure, they will miss Mauro Fórmica, who will miss the match after collecting his fifth yellow card, but I am a bit more optimistic than I was yesterday as Roberto Sensini is finally giving young Daniel Salvatierra a chance to start a match. Funny, I've been calling for that to happen sense I first saw him play.

Here is what has been released as the probable line-up for La Lepra:

Sebastián Peratta
Agustín Alayes, Rolando Schiavi,Gabriel Cichero
Luciano Vella, Diego Mateo, Lucas Bernardi, Marcelo Estigarribia
Mauricio Sperdutti, Luis Rodríguez, Daniel Salvatierra

So, Vella is back in, Salvatierra takes over for Borghello. It has been listed as a 3-4-3 formation, but I would not be surprised if either Sperdutti or Salvatierra spend time in the slot usually occupied by Fórmica in the usual 3-4-1-2 formation that Sensini has favored.

So far I have not seen any word on how Olimpo will take the field. It should not matter, though, as they have only managed one point from the nine away games they have played.


Oh, and have I mentioned? Rosario Central lost over the weekend to Gimnasia Jujuy at home, 1-0.

No comments: