Sunday, September 18, 2011

El Rey De Los Empates?

Seven games played, five draws. That is the way I see Newell's Old Boys in this Apertura so far.

Let me start by mentioning the 0-0 draw against Atlético Rafaela, since I never got around to writing anything about it. I only saw the second half due to the match being played on a Friday. What I did see was not a boring 0-0 draw, but one in which both defenses were up to most of the challenges, and when they were not the goal keepers were there to handle things.

Today the match against Vélez Sarsfield ended 1-1, which is not a bad result for La Lepra, but I for one am still frustrated at the inability that Newell's continue to display.

Sure, Newell's scored a goal in this game, off a beautiful diving header from Carmelo Valencia, but it was the only truly dangerous play that the offense managed to create... well, that and the foul on Sperduti that should have resulted in a penalty that the referee apparently did not see.

Again, I only got to see the second half, but this time it was due to my forgetting the early kick off time, and getting involved in a bit of a musical project.

Ah, well. Another weekend, another draw for Newell's. This is almost getting predictable.

So far I'm not finding any video highlights... I will try again later.

Up next, Newell's travel to Avellaneda to face Racing Club.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We need points , Im sure we have a team to get the necessary points! But unfortunately Torrente didnt found a strong strategy to play.

Juan