Sunday, November 2, 2008

Newell's Champions Of The City

OK, so there isn't really an official Championship that was at stake, but Newell's did win at home over their hated crosstown rivals. I was hoping to watch the game, but all the feeds that I could find weren't working at all, the web pages that they were on wouldn't even load. Instead, I took a nap... it was the only way I could tolerate not knowing what was going on.

In the end, Gamboa's boys came away with a 1-0 win over Rosario Central. The goal was scored on a 20th minute penalty by, who else, Schiavi. From what I gather (via La Capital) Leo Torres had worked his way into the penalty area with the ball at his feet, Paglialunga then managed to tackle the ball away from him, only for Machin to come in and claim the ball. Paglialunga then fouled Machin to earn the shot from the spot.

This win allows us to pick up some ground in the standings. Tigre lost yesterday to hosts Argentinos Jrs 2-0, while Boca Jrs are hosting San Lorenzo even as I type this. At the moment Boca are ahead 1-0 about half way through the second half. If Boca hold on to win there will be a three way tie for first with San Lorenzo, Tigre and Boca all having 26 points.

Suddenly Newell's are back in the thick of things with 23 points... so long as Los Cuervos (San Lorenzo) don't stage a late comeback.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NEWELL'S NEWELL'S

GREAT VICTORY TODAY, ROSARIO IS OURS THE CITY IS OURS.TANKS GAMBOA, THANKS TO THE PLAYERS, THEY FEEL THIS SHIRT LIKE ME!!!!

THE NO BREATH PEOPLE, POOR, I FEEL PITY FOR THEM.

NOW WE HAVE TO GO FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND TRY TO GET IN THE COPAS

GO NEWELL'S CARAJO!!!!
REGARS


PEPE LEPRA

Anonymous said...

In what website do you watch the games?

I use rojadirecta.com and I click on Newell's vs the team that we play against.

If I find other ones I will comment you.

Anonymous said...

I've been using argentinesoccer.com, which get's it's feeds from justin.tv, which seems to be the same as yours does.

Anonymous said...

I use roja directa and myp2p.eu. Most of the feeds are justin tv, and some are mogulus. TVU has a TyC channel now, so that helps.

I just cycle through all the listed feeds to find a decent one. You can also check the chat section for other feeds.