Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Promises, Promises

Ok, when I last wrote I said I'd talk about some computer problems that prevented me from watching the first half of Newell's win over River Plate when I posted the video of the lone goal. As life would have it, I haven't had a chance until now to get back to doing either, but I'm here now, and while I keep half an eye on Chelsea vs Barca (taped, I was at work during the live broadcast) I'll do my best to get to both.

First, let's hit that little computer problem, shall we? (Shhhh... Chelsea just scored. Beautiful strike, for the wrong team.) Let me go on record as saying we live in a wonderful age, there are plenty of free/open source programs out there in cyberspace. Problem is, some of them aren't all that nice. In an attempt to get my system to load and play streaming videos quicker, I downloaded and installed one such program.

As it was, it didn't work as well as I had hoped. When on Youtube, the videos would load quickly, but, quite frankly, would play for crap. So, I decided to uninstall... which it said it did, but did not, it simply got rid off all easily visible evidence that it was running, but pulling up Task Manager showed that it wasn't just running, it was running as two separate programs, clogging things up and slowing them down.

Needless to say, I finally got rid of the damn thing, and managed to catch the second half of the match.

Here, now, is the video highlights I found on Youtube. I believe this is mostly 2nd half, if not all, but as that's when Formica scored...

This is a nice 5+ minute long video, which includes plenty of the fine stops made by both keepers.

Now, you'll excuse me, but I must watch the rest of this Champion's League match!

No comments: