Monday, August 23, 2010

Taborda Injured

Sebastián Taborda will miss Newell's Old Boys next three matches, bare minimum, due to a 15 millimeter tear in his... well, actually my Spanish isn't good enough to translate that next bit, and neither are any of the online translation websites I've found, other than to say it's his left leg.


After starting the first three games I have to wonder if he'll still have a place in the starting eleven when he does recover. He really hasn't shown much in his short time with La Lepra, and if someone else, anyone else, steps in and proves they can do the job... well, you get the idea.

As much as I've not been able to say many kind things about the Uruguayan forward, I do not wish him ill. Hopefully his recovery will be quick, and with even more luck he can find his goal scoring form when he does take his next steps onto the playing field.

No comments: