Friday, March 26, 2010

Witches, Black Angels, And Racing Club Match Preview

I hope I'm reading this wrong, but if I'm not the investigation of the murder of Roberto "Pimpi" Camino may be turning into a witch hunt.* It is being treated as a case of revenge over the debt that former team president-cum-dictator Eduardo Lopez left behind, which could be interpreted as pointing the a finger, even if indirectly, at the team's current administration.

Five people have been rounded up as suspects, with a sixth still at large. One of the suspects in Camino's murder is sergeant Alejandro "Angelito Negro" Urquiza, who is said to have been in the bar with the victim prior to the shooting. I'm not sure what sort of sergeant the "Little Black Angel" is, so, if anyone can clear that up, please do.

Meanwhile, I have yet to see any thing in the way of such in the Walter Cáceres case. I could have missed that bit of news, so, again, if anyone has information they can share, please do.

* A "witch hunt," for those unfamiliar with the term, is an investigation carried out with the appearance of trying to uncover the truth, but actually used to harass and undermine those with differing views.



Oh, and here's the line up that's been released for tomorrow's match against Racing Club (not Velez... I need more sleep):

Sebastián Peratta
Agustín Alayes, Rolando Schiavi, Ignacio Fideleff or Juan Manuel Insaurralde
Mauricio Sperduti, Hugo Barrientos, Lucas Bernardi, Marcelo Estigarribia
Mauro Formica
Jorge Achucarro, Joaquín Boghossian

Game time is 3PM local time, with a weather forecast calling for sunny skys, and a high of 27° C, or about 81° Fahrenheit.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

I'm not seeing that angle too much. What I am seeing is a judge blaming Pimpi's personal life and Gordo Apio is blaming some guy named Japo that owed money to Pimpi.

I wouldn't leave Lopez out of the mix either. And I'm not ruling out the barra either, but the powers that be seem to think it was related to a personal matter of Pimpi's.

If I can find the time to sort through it all I'll post about it but with the way life is going lately, I probably won't get around to it.

David Phillips said...

Good to hear from you, Jeremy.

Trust me, when I write things like that I'm writing in the heat of the moment, based off the article I found after a quick web based translator.


And thanks, because of you I remembered posting the game tomorrow as against Velez. Editors Note: correction in the posting has now been corrected to Racing Club